Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Irrational Trend Obsession: Overalls



From time to time, along comes a trend that I know is so wrong...that is just feels right.  Case in point:  the flatform shoe, pajama separates, and the man-slipper.  Sometimes, when it comes to fashion, you've got to ignore the rational voice in your head (screaming noooooo) and follow your heart.  Which is why I am succumbing to the overall trend. 

We all know that overalls look adorable on little kids.  When supersized for adults, the results are usually less than flattering.  The key to pulling off grown-up dungarees is the cut, fabrication, and styling.  A tailored silk overall jumpsuit with a red lip is party-perfect, while a wool overall dress over a button-down and pumps is great for the office.  Whatever you do, do not wear baggy denim overalls with sneakers and a ponytail.

Here are a few lust-worthy examples from the runway.  Don't even get me started on how chic those black leather overalls are!  A girl can dream...

Jason Wu Spring 2013, 3.1 Phillip Lim Resort 2013, 3.1 Phillip Lim Spring 2013

Although I'm not ready to strap on a pair of OshKosh B'Goshs yet, I would like to get my hands on one of these modern versions.  I am loving the pinafore/jumpsuit/overall hybrids.

1. Topshop,  2. J.W. Anderson for Topshop,  3. Topshop,  4. Acne,  5. Topshop,  6. 10 Crosby Derek Lam


2 comments:

  1. Leather overall really rocks and gives nice style to your personality.


    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a very nice job I like your website it is very interesting and helpful for me I am really sure that you enjoyed during writing the content on your website
    custom camo pants

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...